Monday, August 16, 2010

8.17.2010 TUESDAYS AROUND THE WORLD

Time to link up and share your Tuesdays with us! Simply share your own"today" (in a post on your own blog where you mention, and link back to Communal Global) then link up with us (at the bottom of this post) so we can come and visit your blog and see your unique (or wonderfully ordinary) "TODAY"! Oh, and while you're at it, feel free to add our button to your site (see the link that says "add us" in our header? Click that!) so more of your friends can share in the sharing! We can't wait to see your "Today."

~~--~~


BECKY, PHILADELPHIA
8.17.10



SONYA, THE NETHERLANDS
8.17
This verse from The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost is one of my all time favorites.



SARAH, GEORGIA
8.17 Today
Home from his first day of Kindergarten, very excited about all he did!



RIKAKO, JAPAN
8.17 TODAY
The shopping arcade in the underground is a splendid place to escape from the outside heat.



MADDY, NEW JERSEY/NYC
8/17/10
The reason I dread going to NYC for a night out - the long lines to get inside the club.



KATIE, INDONESIA
8.17
Today you get to look with me out of my car window. Many Indonesians can't afford cars so motor bikes are used. I have seen them transport all sorts of things you would not think could be moved by motor bike - a toilet, flat screen TVs, plate glass!!?! (eek!) They will also try, like this guy, to pile them full and high. Pretty amazing.



CAROLINE, ENGLAND (UK)
17/8
My Boys were playing War!



BUCKEROOMAMA, HONG KONG
8.17
Zoƫ totally enjoyed the beach. She'd lie on her tummy, waiting for the waves to pound on her and sometimes spin her around 360 degrees... When it happens, she'd squeal in delight!


6 comments:

  1. Wow. I love everyone's today! I can not get over that cargo Kate. Get out of the city! That is pure craziness!

    Good luck with your homework adventures Sarah. He is so cute. How is he liking his class of all girls?

    Caroline, that is a fabulous picture. Wow. It looks magic.

    Buckaroomama I LOVE your baby swimming in the salt water. I hope she keeps believing everything you say for a long, long time!

    So cool Maddylicious. I feel the excitement mounting.

    Rikako, LOVE those happy children running about. They make me smile!

    Beautiful picture Sonya. I love that poem. One of my favorites. Which path did you take? I took the one less traveled by and that has made all the difference : )

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie! That is insane!! Please take more pictures of what people transport on their motor bikes -- I'm fascinated!

    Becky -- absolutely beautiful image. enough said :)

    B-mama -- that is so cute! My middle boy was like that with the ocean. My girl? Not so much :)

    Maddy -- how cool are you, going out in NYC?? I'm impressed :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky! That is so beautiful!!

    And Buckeroomama - she is too cute!

    Every has shared such beautiful images.

    Hope you are all having lovely days..

    K xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awesome is that shot of yours, Becky?! Wowza!

    Sonya - That is my favorite Frost poem!

    Sarah - Sometimes I don't know who gets more excited after the 1st day at kindergarten: Us moms (So what did you do? Did you make any friends? Do you like your teacher?...) or the kids?

    Maddy - Does it betray how old I am when I say that days of queuing to get into clubs are wayyy behind me? ;p

    Katie - I'm amazed at how they manage to balance everything!

    Rikako - This reminds me of the underground 'malls' I'd visited when I was in Montreal... where I was told were built so that people don't have to shop 'out' in the freezing weather.

    Caroline - I think boys are somehow genetically wired to love 'fighting' games...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Becky!! That shot just took my breath away!! What a beautiful moment!

    Buckeroomama - Your little girl's face is PURE joy!! I'm smiling from ear to ear :)

    Sonya - I love that poem too!

    Katie - How cool is that?! In Dominican Republic they do the same thing and pile the motos sky high!

    Rikako - Our underground stations are probably the hottest thing around this time of year! If you want to stay cool, we just avoid it :)

    Sarah - Congrats on making it through the first day of kindergarten! That's always a tear jerker for moms :)

    Caroline - Love that shot and the processing!


    Great pics guys!! Hope you're having a fabulous week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey guys! I am amazed everyday at your stunning pictures. Really...wow!

    Sarah, I will be on the hunt of more motorbike pictures and Becky, that photo of yours is truly special.

    Lotsa luv!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete