Thursday, March 31, 2011

Some Oldies But Goodies...


TEACHER:  Maria, go to the map and find North America.
MARIA:    Here it  is.
TEACHER:  Correct.  Now class, who discovered America ?
CLASS:    Maria.

JENN, GERMANY
March 31, Thursday


TEACHER:    George Washington not only chopped down his father's cherry tree,
but also admitted it.  Now, Louie, do you know why his father didn't punish him?
LOUIS:        Because George still had the axe in his hand.

BECKY, PHILADELPHIA
3.31.11

TEACHER:  Donald, what is the chemical formula for water?
DONALD:    H I J K L M N O.
TEACHER:  What are you talking about?
DONALD:    Yesterday you said it's H to O.


CAROLINE, ENGLAND
31st March

TEACHER:    Harold, what do you call a person who keeps on talking
when people are no longer interested?
HAROLD:    A teacher.


EMILY, JAPAN
3.31

TEACHER:   Millie, give me a sentence starting with '  I.  '
MILLIE:     I  is..
TEACHER:   No, Millie..... Always say, 'I  am.'
MILLIE:   All right...  'I am the ninth letter of the alphabet.'


KATIE, INDONESIA
3.31.2011

TEACHER:    Glen, why do you always get so dirty?
GLEN:    Well, I'm a lot closer to the ground than you are.

LOLA, UTAH
Photobucket

TEACHER:  John, why are you doing your math multiplication on the floor?
JOHN:     You told me to do it without using tables.

MAY, GERMANY
31.03

TEACHER:  Winnie, name one important thing we have today that we didn't have ten years ago.
WINNIE:    Me!


RIKAKO, JAPAN
3.31 TODAY

TEACHER:    Now, Simon , tell me frankly, do you say prayers before eating?
SIMON:   No sir, I don't have to, my Mom is a good cook.


SARAH, GEORGIA
3.31

TEACHER:    Glenn, how do you spell 'crocodile?'
GLENN:     K-R-O-K-O-D-I-A-L'.
TEACHER:    No, that's wrong.
GLENN:  Maybe it is wrong, but you asked me how I spell it.


WANDA, MONTREAL
3.31.2011

TEACHER:  Clyde, your composition on 'My Dog' is exactly the same
as your brother's.   Did you copy his?
CLYDE:   No, sir. It's the same dog.

BUCKEROOMAMA, HONG KONG
3.31

The many rewards of being a teacher... gems like these!

5 comments:

  1. Jenn, that field of flowers is amazing. I love all those purplish blue flowers.

    I love how sharp that pic of K is, Sarah!

    Caroline, that's such a super cute shot of your little one! =)

    Wonderful shots today, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a teacher, still am at heart and will continue teaching once I return to India...:D
    I am going to bookmark these jokes, they really tickle your bones!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I chuckled at these today along with beautiful visions! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wanderlust is abounding today! I seriously want to visit all the places in these pictures. I would LOVE to be sitting in that field of flowers. Gorgeous pics, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pictures today. I want a bowl of that yummy food! Beautiful family in the blue bells Jen! Hope you are having the most lovely time on your vacation!

    ReplyDelete