Monday, March 28, 2011

Proverbs {as told by first graders}

A first grade teacher collected old, well known proverbs. She gave each kid in her class the first half of a proverb, and had them come up with the rest:

As you shall make your bed so shall you... mess it up.
Becky, Philadelphia
3.29.11

Better to be safe than... punch a 5th grader.

Strike while the... bug is close.
Wanda, Canada
3.29.2011

It's always darkest before... daylight savings time.

Never underestimate the power of... termites.
Buckeroomama, Hong Kong
3.29

You can lead a horse to water but... how?

Don't bite the hand that... looks dirty.

No news is... impossible.
Caroline, England
29th March

A miss is as good as a... Mr.

You can't teach an old dog new... math.
Sonya, Netherlands
25.3

If you lie down with the dogs, you'll... stink in the morning. 


Emily, Japan
3.29

Love all, trust... me.

Lola, Utah
march 28

The pen is mightier than the... pigs.

An idle mind is... the best way to relax.
Isabel, Malaysia
March 21

Where there's smoke, there's... pollution.

Happy the bride who... gets all the presents!

A penny saved is... not much.
Jen, Germany
March 29, Around the World Tuesday!

Two's company, three's... the Musketeers.

Don't put off tomorrow what... you put on to go to bed.

Laugh and the whole world laughs with you, cry and... you have to blow your nose.
Maddy, New Jersey
3/28/11

None are so blind as... Helen Keller.

Children should be seen and not... spanked or grounded.

If at first you don't succeed... get new batteries.
Rikako, Japan
3.29 TODAY

You get out of something what you... see pictured on the box.

When the blind leadeth the blind... get out of the way.

There is no fool like... Aunt Eddie. 
Sarah, Atlanta
3.29





Found here.

18 comments:

  1. None are so blind as... Helen Keller
    That made me laugh out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I love the pictures today! SO pretty! I can't wait to see everyone's link up posts for around the world Tuesdays! Especially our new girls! It is so fun to get to know all of you. Thank you for joining us and sharing your world with us!

    Wasn't it great to see Sandra's
    (Suki) picture from Jen in Germany! Wonderful!

    Have a happy day girls! Love, Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. These made me laugh out loud! First time linking up; hello all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thoroughly enjoyed the modified proverbs! Some of these really had me cracking up.

    Becky, you're the best!

    ...and helloooo, Suki!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos as always and thank you for a good laugh. I always love reading communal global! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome. I just love what kids' say!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ....'k....I just want to thank you Beckster. (I have to go and change my underwear now.) These were too funny.
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Suuuuukeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

    I heart her.

    LOVE this post - I just realized that this is a weird "end of the month" with a few extra days -so no one was assigned to post and I should have been doing it... so thanks for jumping in and posting Becks!

    {Do you want me to do the rest of the week though? lmk. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL! I laughed harder and harder as the list goes on! So funny. I really like this post. And thanks for still including my last week photo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness! This post is just hilarious! LOL You ladies always make my morning... GREAT!

    Lovely photos as always. Maddy's shot makes me crave some brownies. I think I'll make some today. =)

    Have a thrilling Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I found your blog while visiting Buckeroo Mama. I really love your photos and your hop. I linked up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. :)
    Today's pictures.....speechless love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a feast of gorgeous pictures! It makes me want to pack a picnic and go hiking through a field of wildflowers. Lovely, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love them all, but SO HAPPY TO SEE SUKI'S CUTE FACE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. First time linking up... LOVE the modified proverbs... nice images too. Had my laugh for the day plus a beauty fix. Off for awhile but will come back later and browse around a bit...

    ReplyDelete
  16. First time linking up... and what a day to choose to link!! These were hilarious! Thank you for sharing!

    be blessed!

    t

    ReplyDelete
  17. these are all so cute and funny. and i love the photo of suki!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ok so the proverbial proverb is now dead. What happened to them? Love the pics and the hilarious comments of the kids.

    ReplyDelete